Support Worker- Days working an average of 35 hours per week. £7.67 per hour.
To promote independence and deliver high quality person-centred support that will assist residents to lead an independent lifestyle as is compatible with their needs and aspirations.
To work with residents to provide support with personal care, physical, emotional and social support and/or guidance in any aspect of their daily life.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a real passion and enthusiasm for delivering high quality services to residents who have a range of support needs.
- Have a positive attitude and a caring nature.
- Are able to demonstrate empathy whilst enabling residents to maximise their independence.
At Deafway we provide residential and support services to Deaf people with a range of additional needs. At the heart of all of our work is an understanding of and respect for BSL (British Sign Language) and Deaf culture.
The role will involve providing practical, emotional and social support to help our residents maintain their independence and to achieve their goals.
In return we offer:
- 4 weeks per annum, plus Statutory Bank/Public Holidays (pro rata)
- Company pension scheme
- Free Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Regular training & personal development plans
- Comprehensive induction programme which includes British Sign Language training as part of your paid induction.
- Opportunity to undertake NVQ level 2/3 in Health and Social Care. (Subject to meeting criteria)
Shifts will be worked on a rota basis working four consecutive days then two days off. Working a mix of late and early shifts: Late Shift: 15:15-22:00, Early Shift 08:00-15:45.
Closing Date for applications will be on Friday 19th January 2017, Interviews may be held prior to the closing date.
To apply for this position please complete ALL the following and submit to Deafway:
For an application pack please contact us by:
Telephone – 01772 796461 Minicom – 01772 693413
Website - www.deafway.org.uk
Or write to us at Deafway, Brockholes Brow, Preston. PR2 5AL