Are you looking for a new challenge and really want to make a difference to our residents’ lives? We now have an opportunity available to join our team.
At Deafway we provide residential and support services to Deaf people with a range of additional needs. This role is within our challenging behaviour service. At the heart of all of our work is an understanding of and respect for BSL (British Sign Language) and Deaf culture.
The role will involve leading the team to provide practical, emotional and social support to help our residents maintain their independence and to achieve their goals.
We are looking for a team leader who:
• Has a real passion and enthusiasm for delivering high quality services to residents who have a range of support needs.
• Has a positive attitude and a caring nature.
• Is able to take responsibility for managing and leading the shift and dealing with issues that arise.
• Has excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Is able to lead and motivate the team to work to high standards and follow policies and procedures.
In return we offer:
• 5 weeks per annum, plus Statutory Bank/Public Holidays (pro rata)
• Company pension scheme
• Free Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
• Regular training & personal development plans
• Comprehensive induction programme which includes British Sign Language Level 1 training as part of your paid induction and Level 2 training approximately 6 months later (unless already qualified to Level 2)
Team Leader (Full Time)
Role involves shift work including weekends and bank holidays (enhanced rates).
An average of 31.5 hours per week on a 6 week rota.
£14.44 per hour
CLOSING DATE Friday 24th March 2017 AT NOON
Previous applicants need not apply.
(CVs will not be considered, so please complete the application form in full.)
For further details please download:
To apply for this position please complete ALL the following and submit to Deafway:
Please also see:
If you need further information or have problems downloading forms please contact us by:
Telephone – 01772 796461 Minicom – 01772 693413
Or write to us at Deafway, Brockholes Brow, Preston. PR1 5BB